Goodwood is no more
Posted by hahnarama

I was just out picking up lunch and I walked by and appears that they went under in December of 2023,  shows how often I was there. It's a PRIME location, it just needs a good brewery to give it a go..

Posted by quarex

There are so many great locations begging to have restaurants placed back in them.  Colts Grille and Sugarfire Smokehouse were in prime spots and still have their defunct signage visible despite being closed for like 7 and 4 years respectively.  Seems like something is really preventing new places from succeeding 

Posted by brooks

I know in Columbus (a roughly comparable downtown) they never fully recovered from riots, lockdowns, and remote work. Simply driving around downtown you can tell there's not nearly as many people working in the city core. I'm guessing a lot of those restaurants depended on the office workers eating lunch out and there's not as many of those workers anymore.

It's probably a tough business model to rely on the convention center, Colts home games, and the handful of people who will drive downtown just to go to dinner when they can eat at a similar restaurant out in their suburb and not have to mess with the longer drive and worrying about parking.

No real data to support that theory, but that's what I'm guessing. 

Posted by grim66

That is really sad. I'm not over the Ram closing, and now Goodwood... :(

Posted by mikeboozer

I believe something is going in before the convention.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.