Any new restaurants?
Posted by hahnarama raptorov

raptorov wrote:
Is Whistle Stop closed Sundays? I wandered over there last year on Sunday and it was closed.

That actually might be changing. Indiana just reversed 40+ years of injustice and is bringing back the Happy Hour effective 7/1 The owners said they might be adding hours hoping to attract more business

Posted by marjoriefeldman

[This post has been removed]

Posted by quarex

Nice, extremely subtle Spam link at the end there.  If it did not sound like it was repeating my post from earlier I might not have even been suspicious enough to notice! 

Posted by aldctjoc

Oh my #$^$^ God... I didn't even notice. And had I not been heading out after work, I would've replied earlier as if it were legit. 

That's a great catch. I totally missed it. 

And screw spammers. 

Posted by raptorov

Seriously. It sucks they have to ruin something cool like the forums. I can't do Facebook, so this is my only outlet to get or give info or get questions answered.

Posted by rutherfordr

And it looks like the text in the spam post was generated by ChatGPT or something like it.

Posted by aldctjoc

Yep. I really don't like spammers.

Anyway, to go back on topic: When I was in Indy two weeks ago, I noticed a "Chicken Scratch" restaurant in the old Noodles & Company space, right in-between Dick's Last Resort and the parking garage.

It looked a little fast-foody to me (despite their website explicitly saying that it's not), but the chain has only three restaurants total, two in Indy. Really, though, the big thing is that it doesn't look like it's just some Chick-Fil-A, Raising Cain's, or Dave's wannabe. That by itself makes me want to try it. The fact that it's fried chicken strips or wings also makes me want to give it a shot. Looks like it'd be a quick in-and-out spot to eat at.

Posted by mikeboozer

spam post deleted. Good catch!

Posted by hahnarama

Local review on Chicken Scratch. 

Its not bad, lots of sauce choices, and the portion sizes are HUGE! Big enough to split with someone else. However they are not fast at all. Strat to finish an order takes about 20 minutes. You will not see a food warmer onsite,. They make every fresh to order. 

Posted by aldctjoc

Oh. Ok. 

Well, good in another way then: You're not getting heat-lamped food, you're getting it fresh. Just have to make some time for it. So it won't be an easy and quick in-and-out, but hey, 20 minutes isn't terrible. Especially given how short the distance is. 

God knows you can wait as long at some of the food truck lines. 

Posted by rutherfordr

If they've never experienced Gen Con before, someone should warn the owner of Chicken Scratch that they might run out of food on Friday, August 2nd.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.