How the housing portal search works re: Guests per room
Posted by samlamiam

In the housing portal when you search for a room it asks for # of guests per room.  The question I have is this:  If I say 3, will it show me rooms that can hold 3 OR MORE people, or only rooms that accommodate exactly 3?

I ask because last year I put in 3, hoping to book a room with two beds, but no rooms with 2 beds appeared in my search results (just queen + sofa).  Is that because all the rooms with 2 beds were already booked or because I put 3 guests per room and my search results were filtered by the portal?

Posted by austicke samlamiam

samlamiam wrote:If I say 3, will it show me rooms that can hold 3 OR MORE people, or only rooms that accommodate exactly 3?

The former. It will show all rooms that hold 3 or more.
​​​​​​I ask because last year I put in 3, hoping to book a room with two beds, but no rooms with 2 beds appeared in my search results (just queen + sofa). Is that because all the rooms with 2 beds were already booked or because I put 3 guests per room and my search results were filtered by the portal?

Probably the former. The other filters you used (like which nights) could have also affected the results.

Posted by samlamiam

Thanks, that's super helpful!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.