Mobility Scooter
Posted by cpspalding

Hey,  this is my first year with a mobility scooter at Gen Con.  I have about a 2-3 block walking range thanks to spinal stenosis and last year after a light night game, I got stuck waiting from 1 AM to 2:45 for a Lyft.  We're staying at the Conrad, but I'm wondering if any of you scooter veterans have any tips or tricks for a complete newbie.

Posted by jonsi-donnelly

Always take your charger with you and find some time during the day to plug in-- whether in-between games or during a game and sit at the table. That extra bit of charge at the end of the day is GLORIOUSLY helpful in these situations. If it's 2 or 3 blocks, just ride it. Use your phone and google maps and head on home. Save yourself the uber/lyft charge.

Posted by cpspalding jonsi-donnelly

jonsi-donnelly wrote:It could be awkward maneuvering it into the hotel room, but it really was wonderful. I haven’t been this mobile at Gen Con in years. The hotel and restaurants were really accommodating. The only problem I had was gamers not used to watching where they’re going, walking in front of me. They were lucky I went slow in crowded areas.

Always take your charger with you and find some time during the day to plug in-- whether in-between games or during a game and sit at the table. That extra bit of charge at the end of the day is GLORIOUSLY helpful in these situations. If it's 2 or 3 blocks, just ride it. Use your phone and google maps and head on home. Save yourself the uber/lyft charge.

Posted by exclusivepreacher

[This post has been removed]

Posted by angel17

[This post has been removed]

Posted by coverhope

I also always have the habit of bringing the charger with me between games. 
drive mad

New Post Sign in to write a new post.