What are you looking forward to getting or seeing?
Posted by whisper721

My Yearly.... What are you looking forward to getting post.     I play it by ear as I am a Battletech guy hard core...  I will always walk and find that 1 game to take back... but it has to be easy to pick up and something that my grand kids can play.  Last year it was Kites.   This year.. who knows.... 

I also love going by FFG and seeing the x wing tournaments and paint jobs.

Posted by pshep999

Looking forward to playing Invisible Sun and getting some Star WarsUnlimited items

Posted by colbrook

Warcrow, Corvus Belli's new fantasy skirmish game launches at Gen Con this year with a 2 player starter. Their other games (Infinity, Aristeia!, REM Racers) are some of my favourites and I did a beta test demo of it last year and thought it was fantastic. 

Going to try and play Hackmaster for the first time, and try for a Cyberpunk RED game. 

Going to play and probably get Wyrmspan, it's Wingspan with dragons, automatically great. 

I'll try and fit some Battletech Grinder sessions in again this year too. 

Posted by helenbb

Looking forward to True Dungeon and a slew of interesting rpgs! Also Gamers: Live!

Posted by qwaserity

Running. I've done GenCon for twenty odd years and have never run an event other than the Math Trade. As a "forever DM" I was begged by my sister to teach her (54 years old) how to play D&D during my Christmas vacation. It went so well I'm turning it into a four hour game for new players on Saturday. Three sessions at 8, 2, and 8 with two hour breaks between them.
Sure, I'm burning my Saturday at GenCon for this but as the saying goes, "If you love what you are doing, you'll never work a day in you life."

Posted by geniuscodemonkey

I'm travelling 4110 miles and it's my first (and possibly last) GenCon, so I'm looking forward to any game I can play .. and maybe run if I can't find something TBH.

Posted by kevinrg

I'm old school in that I don't prep to buy anything or really pay attention to what is new.   I prefer to wander the vendor hall or consignment shop, see something interesting and buy it... kind of like I did in the 80s.   So, what I'm looking forward to getting is to be determined 10 seconds after I see it.

Posted by rgresch geniuscodemonkey

geniuscodemonkey wrote:
I'm travelling 4110 miles and it's my first (and possibly last) GenCon, so I'm looking forward to any game I can play .. and maybe run if I can't find something TBH.
That makes my 1357km drive from Canada pale in comparison. You must be coming from the UK or Grenada?

Posted by urielblue

Looking forward to running Dragonbane ( My home campaign is Dragonbane, currently) for some folks who have never tried it. Possibly finding some fun miniatures or co-op card games. Dice... you can never have enough dice.
Since we didn't get a close hotel (Motel, 5 miles out), my usual "Spend 2k+ in the Dealer's Hall" will be a trickle of it's usual self, as I don't feel like lugging huger board-games around all day. But hey, I can just spend that money on a trip to France or something, to visit my sister.

Posted by whisper721 kevinrg

kevinrg wrote:
I'm old school in that I don't prep to buy anything or really pay attention to what is new.   I prefer to wander the vendor hall or consignment shop, see something interesting and buy it... kind of like I did in the 80s.   So, what I'm looking forward to getting is to be determined 10 seconds after I see it.
 I do the same thing...   I wonder and get surprised by what looks cool.

Posted by aldctjoc whisper721

whisper721 wrote:
kevinrg wrote:I'm old school in that I don't prep to buy anything or really pay attention to what is new.   I prefer to wander the vendor hall or consignment shop, see something interesting and buy it... kind of like I did in the 80s.   So, what I'm looking forward to getting is to be determined 10 seconds after I see it.
 I do the same thing...   I wonder and get surprised by what looks cool. 
Oh yeah, it's the most fun to do it that way.

It's the most hurtful on the wallet, but it's the most fun. :D 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.