Child Wristband - sign up for events.
Posted by bluntaxe

I got a child wristband for my daughter (8), but am finding that I can not sign her up for any events, as they all say it requires a badge.  (events show age 6+)  So you are required to get them a badge in order to do an event?  
If so, it doesn't seem the system will let me buy her a badge as she already has the wristband.  

Posted by buffythecatslayer

The only events you can buy for a child with a wristband are Kids Activities (category KID).  Events in any other category, even free events, require you to purchase a badge for her for the day(s) of the events.

Posted by hossdawg

I have a child wristband for my 8 year old daughter and a four day pass for myself and her older sister. I was fortunate to get two event tickets for My Little Scythe under my name and my older daughter. The younger one loves the game and wants to play with her sister. According to the previous posts, she will need to have a full badge for the day of the event to participate but when I try to purchase a day ticket for her it says there is a conflict because she already has the child wristband and will not allow me to get the day badge. Also, can I let her use the ticket that was bought under my name to play?

You would probably need to return the wristband to buy a pass for her.  Note that the only 2 My Little Scythe events are sold out.

She cannot attend using your ticket.  Since it’s not a KID event, she has to have a badge, at least for the day of the event.

Posted by aaronr hossdawg

hossdawg wrote:
I have a child wristband for my 8 year old daughter and a four day pass for myself and her older sister. I was fortunate to get two event tickets for My Little Scythe under my name and my older daughter. The younger one loves the game and wants to play with her sister. According to the previous posts, she will need to have a full badge for the day of the event to participate but when I try to purchase a day ticket for her it says there is a conflict because she already has the child wristband and will not allow me to get the day badge. Also, can I let her use the ticket that was bought under my name to play?
Am I reading correctly that you want to buy a full pass for the day that the MLS event is on so that she can use your ticket? If so I imagine that should be doable. I would email [email protected] for assistance on purchasing the pass.

Posted by hossdawg aaronr

aaronr wrote:
hossdawg wrote:
Am I reading correctly that you want to buy a full pass for the day that the MLS event is on so that she can use your ticket? If so I imagine that should be doable. I would email [email protected] for assistance on purchasing the pass.
Yes. that is it exactly. Will try customer service...thanks.

Did you try doing a "return" on her wristband?  That should free up the slot allowing you to buy a badge for her for just the one day.  You can then get her a wristband at the con for the rest of her time there.

Posted by laufersweiler

While I did eventually find this dynamic documented after I found myself unable to register myself and my two daughters together for any all-ages games, nowhere on the "Get a Badge" section on the wristbands has this documented, at all. Not even just a "see here for details about Child Wristbands" link to the relevant policies or FAQ entries.

As it stands, I'm now in the bizarro world of being unable to actually play any games with my kids unless I shell out $$$ for two more badges, as the "kids" games are all "12-and-under," not "Everyone 6+" games.

Frankly, while the Kids activities are nice, many of them also the sort of thing that happens at public libraries and museums a several times a month, often for free. Great stuff, but not the sort of thing one trucks them across country and spends hundreds of dollars on lodging just for the opportunity to participate.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.