What is a bigger soul crusher?
Posted by hahnarama

1. Not getting a downtown hotel?
  2. Not getting the event you really wanted?

Posted by donaldbain

First one, then the other.

Posted by del_grande

Definitely #2. I've been to enough of these that I almost plan on not getting a downtown hotel.

Although both pale in comparison to:
3. Finding out the Gen Con Exclusive item you wanted in the dealer's area is sold out.

Posted by kevinrg

Was curious, if given the option, would you rather be #1 in line for hotel choice but last in line for events OR #1 in line for events then last in hotel choice.

For me, I'd take the hotel because I've completely missed event registration days before and picked over what was left and overall, I'm pretty flexible on events.   I'll find something.

Posted by rhone1

For me it's the events.

I'm only sleeping in my room and am not there often.

I'd rather have an incredible gaming schedule.

Posted by metron

There's nothing quite so exhausting as getting out of your event at 1am, having to walk 15 minutes to your vehicle, drive 20 minutes to your hotel, then come back in reverse order for an 8am event.

So a downtown hotel cuts a bit of travel time, and allows for both more events, and a place to crash in the middle of the day when you have to get away from the crowd of people and meditate on being a better, calmer person in the vendor hall. :)

Posted by quarex

I know I am cheating as I never sign up for events but...yes I would rather have a nice hotel, haha

Posted by mvotruba

I prefer to stay out of the downtown area, so that's not an issue.  The one time I got a downtown room I had a bad experience.

I have a few events that I'd like to get, but I'm flexible about that too.  I've discovered several fun games/events by being open about what I play/try.

I'm also with del-grande (above) about not scoring what I'm chasing in the Dealer Hall.  I don't chase much, but it sucks when it's sold out when you get to the booth.  Often it's  pain (or impossible) to try and track down later.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.